- Top 3 COVID-19 vaccine questions – New ATAGI advice, second doses, and Pfizer access
Dr Lucas de Toca, COVID-19 Primary Care Response First Assistant Secretary, answers the Top Three questions you’ve been asking on our social accounts.
- Your Healthy Pregnancy
Keeping yourself and your baby healthy during pregnancy starts with 3 steps: eat well, stay active and ask for support.
- Statement in response to latest ATAGI advice regarding COVID-19 vaccines
A statement from the Professor Paul Kelly, Australian Government Chief Medical Officer in response to the latest Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (ATAGI) advice on COVID-19 vaccines.
- ATAGI statement on revised recommendations on the use of COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca, 17 June 2021
A statement from the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (ATAGI) on the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine in response to new vaccine safety concerns.
- Medical research to help pharmacists support the safe use of medicines
The Australian Government is investing $11.7 million in medical research for pharmacists to support patients with the safe use of medicines. Funding is from the Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF).
- Report on financial support for medical research and innovation
A report on the financial support provided by the Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) between 2018 and 2020 for medical research and innovation is now available.
- Vaccinate against flu to protect your child
Influenza in kids can be serious. This year getting vaccinated against flu is more important than ever. It is the best way to protect your child and others from flu. The influenza vaccine is available free for children aged 6 months to under 5 years under the National Immunisation Program.
- ATAGI update following weekly COVID-19 meeting – 9 June 2021
An update from the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (ATAGI) following their weekly meeting on 9 June 2021.
- Erik took the bowel cancer screening test – it saved his life
Bowel cancer is the third most commonly diagnosed cancer in Australia and the second leading cause of cancer-related death. It claims the lives of over 5,000 Australians a year. Regular screening is important to detect it early, so take the free bowel cancer test – it could save your life.
- Greater Melbourne hotspot for Commonwealth support lifted
The Australian Government Chief Medical Officer, Professor Paul Kelly, to lift the COVID-19 hotspot declaration of the Greater Melbourne area, from 11:59 pm 10 June 2021.