- Kids will be kids
The Australian Government has launched the latest phase of the COVID-19 campaign to encourage parents of children aged 5 to 15 to book their child’s COVID-19 vaccination.
- Processing of self-collection samples
Important information for healthcare providers and pathology laboratories regarding changes to the Cervical Screening Test from 1 July 2022.
- Take on winter
The Australian Government has launched the latest phase of the COVID-19 campaign to encourage Australians to get up to date with their COVID-19 vaccination and receive their flu vaccination this winter.
- Celebrating Olympic Day, 23 June
This Olympic Day, join in the #HaveAGo initiative and see where it takes you.
- Cancer screening packs distributed to general practices across Australia
The Australian Government Department of Health is seeking help from healthcare providers to increase participation in the national cancer screening programs (bowel, breast and cervical).
- Policy for varying a Medical Research Future Fund grant agreement
Read our policy for varying a Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) grant agreement.
- Top 3 questions – Men's Health Week with Dr Lucas de Toca (Part 2)
In celebration of Men’s Health Week, hear from Dr Lucas de Toca on how family history and lifestyle impact our health and learn tips to help maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Top 3 questions – Men's Health Week with Dr Lucas de Toca (Part 1)
Hear from Dr Lucas de Toca talk about whether men are more susceptible to certain illnesses or conditions compared to women, and when men should start regular health checks and screening tests.
- World-first discovery promises new therapy for injured or wasted muscle
Professor Peter Currie dedicated his research career to finding a treatment for incurable muscle injury and disease. In 2021 Peter’s research team published their discovery of a new biological substance needed for skeletal muscle healing. Peter thinks NAMPT could be the cure he’s been looking for.
- AHPPC Statement on the Removal of Mask Mandates in Airports
The Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC) has reviewed the current COVID-19 situation in Australia and revised the need for mandated mask wearing in certain settings.